A government resume must need to be professional. You need to submit a convincing paper that is striking and will beat other applicants. If you really dreamed for that position, submit the resume they are looking for.
Tips in Writing Professional Government Resume
- No scattered details: Your resume must need to have a focus and avoid presenting a negative impression. You need to make sure all the information you include is related to the job application. Show that you are well-rounded person.
- White space: Yes, it is said that you make your resume concise and short but you also need to provide white space between lines, paragraphs and words because it can improve the eligibility for your resume.
- All positions: If you worked for the company for more than ten years, it is a good idea to list it. Present about the different skills as well as the different responsibilities on every role.
- No slang or jargon: When applying for a job, you should not write in slang. This is a common sense and technical jargon is not accepted. Make sure that there are no jargons and slang that you will use.
- Careful with resume templates: There are numerous websites offering resume templates that is why you need to use the best template. You should not just use the template that you will see on the internet but use the reliable and great one.
“Use the duties and accomplishments section of your federal resume to highlight your performance metrics. Percentages, numbers and data can be a great way to describe the specific impact you had in a particular job. Listing actual measures will go a long way with hiring officials. Be sure they are accurate and that you can back them up in an interview” GoGovernment.org
Professional Government Resume Sample
In a professional federal resume, write only the information that are needed and being asked by the company. You need to ensure you will provide your name, your phone number, email address and address. If you want to know how it is written, you can check out samples on the web. Numerous are available online and you need to choose the best and right sample for you to serve as your guidelines.
At first, you may have difficulties in writing federal or software professional resume because this kind of resume must be carefully written. The recruiters are very strict so ensure that you know what you will write. Start writing now!
Image credit: http://susanireland.com/resume-examples, http://webdesigncaptain.com/