It is not easy to make an accountant resume because you need to ensure you will know how to get started. It is common that you struggle in writing but when you know how to write, you will not experience any frustrations.
Tips in Writing Professional Accountant Resume
- Ten seconds: You need to ensure that your resume will be reviewed in ten seconds. You need to make it concise, structured and specific all the time.
- Add a link: Sometimes employers are not familiar with the company you have worked for that is why adding a link to the company website will help them to know more. You need also to be consistent in providing information.
- Be specific on qualifications: If you are applying as accountant, you need to ensure that your qualifications are specific. Try to list down at least three to four qualifications and show what you can offer.
- Career summary: Career summary is suggested for most applicants but there are exceptions. If you do not have lengthy work experience at least five years or you want to change your career, you need to present an objective statement. If you use a career summary, it should be in block paragraph with three to five sentences.
- Customize your resume: Every time you submit your resume for certain position, you need to customize it. Do not submit same format or structure resume. You need to show what you have been based on what they are looking for. Take note that not all companies or employers are the same.
“When constructing your finance or accounting resume, summarize your strengths and key qualifications in the top half of the first page. This can be accomplished with the Professional Profile and Areas of Expertise sections. Here is an example of an opening paragraph for an individual seeking a CFO position:
Chief financial officer with 15 years of corporate accounting and management experience. Hands-on manager with expertise in accounting systems development, fiscal management and financial reporting. Proven record of developing and implementing financial and operational controls that improve P&L scenario and competitively position firm” Monster.com
Make a Research on Accountant Professional Resume Sample
It is not bad to make a research on medical professional resume because you it serves as your guide. You need to know what you are doing and the samples will help you a lot. There are different formats online and samples that show how you can structure your resume.
If you want a winning accountant resume, you need to make a good research. You need to know some tips especially if you do not know what you will do. Samples on the internet will also help you so do not miss it out.
Image credit: susanireland.com, creativemarket.com, bergerargenti.com