In writing the resume, applicants must need to know how to write a professional summary to have an attention-grabbing resume. In this case, knowing tips will help you to have the best summary for your resume.
Tips in Writing Professional Summary on Resume
- Be clear: If you are not clear in presenting your summary, you will not get an interview. You need to ensure that it is easy to understand and concise all the time. A clear paper is attention grabbing and easy to read.
- Be focus: You need to be focus to know what information you will include. You need to think whether it is important to present your goals in the summary section or not. You must know about it because it is needed.
- Short sentences: Since you are writing a professional summary, using short sentences are important. Avoid long sentences or long paragraphs. You are not writing an essay instead you are writing a resume that is why keeping it short is required.
- What you have: To have a professional summary, you should show what you have for the company to believe that you are the person they are looking for.
- Current profession: Stating about your current profession provides you phrase or keyword that you need to show in your resume. Your years of experience must need to exist in that paper. Tell them how much you have.
- Relevant skills: In each job description, lists responsibilities and skills. Take the chance in letting the employer know you have it. Give them reasons to continue reading your resume.
- Professional memberships: This will be depends on what job you are applying but presenting about your professional membership is a nice idea.
“Ideally your resume should be listed in reverse-chronological order, starting with your current position. Dedicate more space and details to your recent work, assuming this is relevant to your job target. Your resume should tell the story of your career. If you stayed with one company for a number of years, use the role description and bullets to explain how you’ve taken on more responsibility over time” TheLadders.com
Professional Summary Resume Examples
To have an effective professional summary on resume, checking out examples are needed. It will help you a lot that is why you should not miss the opportunity in seeking for samples because it will help you in applying. There are new ideas and new trends that you should know which is necessary.
Take note of how you can have a professional job resume summary because it is important to know especially if it is your first time in writing a resume. While you have lots of time left, start writing today!
Image credit: http://www.businessinsider.com/why-this-is-an-excellent-resume-2013-11